User Messaging & Interactions
- Based on WCAG Success Criteria on user input, any in-page interactions that require loading or a change of the page’s state should provide immediate feedback for user awareness. This also includes feedback on an error(s) occurring on the page.
- Examples of in-page interactions
- When the ‘Load More’ button is toggled to view more listings, feedback is provided to the user by a change of the button title to ‘Loading…’
- On mobile, when the filter button is toggled, feedback is provided to the user by a change of filter icon being displayed, and the content of the filter’s form is displayed below it
- Feedback to the user when the search icon is toggled, a modal full-screen window visually appears. Also, a close icon on the top right corner to inform the user how to close the window.